The Orthopaedic Nurses Association of Victoria offers a forum to exchange Orthopaedic nursing knowledge and skills and promote high professional standards and research. We are committed to advancing the quality of Orthopaedic nursing and recognising and promoting Orthopaedic Nursing as a speciality.
We offer regular workshops and Professional days throughout the year, including Twilight evenings on topics relevant to Orthopaedic nurses.
Aims and objectives:
- Encouragement and provision of exchange and dissemination of knowledge, skills and current issues in the orthopaedic nursing field.
- Promotion of the recognition of orthopaedic nursing as a professional speciality
- Encouragement of the highest standards of orthopaedic nursing management
- Promotion of Clinical Nursing research in the Orthopaedic arena
- Provision of a united and authoritative voice for the profession of nursing on all manners pertaining to the clinical speciality of Orthopaedic nursing
- Working towards collaborative practice with medical and para- medical members of the orthopaedic health care team
- Provision of a forum of continuing education by means of written data, lectures and seminars
- Promotion of inter-relations between other branches of the profession through professional associations at a regional, state, national and international level
- Encouragement and provision of an avenue for personal and professional communication between orthopaedic nurses throughout Australia
18 September 2019
Twilight Education Evening
Mr Wei-Han Tay - Foot and Ankle Consultant Orthopaedic surgeon
The Royal Melbourne Hospital
Registration 5.30 Speaker begins at 6.00 sharp. FREE to members / $ 10.00 on the night to non-members
Wine and nibbles included.
ANMF House 535 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne, 3000.
30 October 2019
International Orthopaedic Nurses Day
Speaker to be advised
16 July 2020
Annual Professional Day
29 and 30 October 2020
ANZONA Conference Adelaide, S.A